What do I appreciate the most about my colleagues over the years? (In no particular order of value or priority).
- Their sense of humour - comes in handy when mine is a little missing in action.
- Their knowledge - they help me grow and challenge my thinking and my practice.
- Their kindness and thoughtfulness.
- For a very few - showing me who I don't want to be as a learner and teacher.
- Their patience - I can be geeky and over-enthusiastic and I know this bugs people sometimes. I can also be impatient - I'm learning from them to be more patient! I'm a work in progress.
- The colleagues who have taught me that you can be a great teacher and still have a life outside of school - this is another one I'm working on. I have a lot to work on and learn!
- Colleagues who have taught me to be a better leader, who have had conversations with me when I've needed them. I have learned so much and held onto that learning.
- The global colleagues and connections I've made. It's fantastic to get different perspectives on ideas and thoughts.
- I've appreciated that it does not matter how long you've been teaching - you CAN still be as enthusiastic as the first day you started.
There is so much for which I'm grateful for. The list is endless and I think is one I'll come back to and reflect on.