Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What Makes Me Proud...

Day 3 of the Attitude of Gratitude Reflective Teacher @TeachThought Blog Challenge...


Thinking about the things I'm most proud of was not easy - it's never easy to say what you're proud of about yourself.  I'm proud of never giving up, even when the odds have been against me and I've wanted to quit. (And there have been many odds, particularly in the last year).  I've kept going to finish my Masters, and fought hard to return to what I love the most - education and learning.

I'm incredibly proud of my son and the amazing young man he has become and the way he has such a talent for relating to others.

In terms of my career, I am most proud of my students and the fact that they allow me to be a part of their lives, to know them as the amazing human beings that they are.  I've always said that our future is secure if these incredible people are in charge.  I'm proud of them never giving up, even when they want to - they've always got their head cheerleader, me, standing right behind or beside them, never letting them give up for a moment.  I've probably driven them crazy at times but at least they know I always believe in them.  I love that they've allowed me the privilege of trying to make a dent in this world and leave it a little better than it was before.  I'm still working on that goal.

#reflectiveteacher #edblognz 

No comments:

Post a Comment