Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How I Keep My Professional Learning Buzzing

Day 7 of the Reflect and Renew Blog Challenge from Reflective Teacher @TeachThought 

I love learning and am always wanting to know more about how I can be a better teacher and meet the needs of my students.  There are many different things I do to keep that learning going but I've just listed a few below which are my main ones...

Blogging
My Professional Learning Blog








Blogging helps me to reflect on my practice and also on the ideas of others.  It's the best way of modifying my thinking to meet the needs of my students.  It's also a great way to record my own professional learning.

Twitter

@cossie29 on Twitter







My Twitter PLN has given me so much over the years.  I had a bit of a break from it in 2012 and really missed the learning that I had gained from it.  It made me realise how powerful it is for connections and challenging thinking.  It also provides me with many great edchats each week.  It's anytime, anywhere learning and the global aspect is very important to me.  My ideas / thinking are constantly challenged.

Virtual Learning Network (VLN)

VLN








This is a New Zealand professional learning community and I love the diversity of members and topics from all aspects of education here.  I must admit that I haven't used it as much as I could so one of my goals this year is to participate more often, particularly in curating resources and sharing ideas.

 POND Network 4 Learning (POND N4L)
This is a relatively new professional learning community in New Zealand.  I got involved in the trial stages but, like the VLN, I haven't explored it as much as I would like so this is part of my goals for 2015.

POND N4L








Global Connections

My global connections are many and varied but they are so powerful for my learning.  They challenge my thinking on a daily basis and provide me with a global perspective on issues in education.  It doesn't get any better than that!


University of Otago

This is my University which has provided me with so much learning over the years and continues to do so today as I finish my final Masters paper.  They are a world-leader in education and have really pushed my learning and challenged my thinking.

University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand



No comments:

Post a Comment