Sunday, September 14, 2014

How will my teaching change in 5 years?

"We are all teachers and we are all learners in our learning environment."  

A wonderful motto created by my Year 5/6 students a few years ago.  We learn with and from each other.



I'm a passionate user of technology but only if it impacts learning and teaching in a positive manner - if it adds to what the students and I do.  If it doesn't and I can't justify its use to do this, then I don't use it.  My classes have been largely paperless over the past 4 years and I know this will continue into the future.  This is a given when thinking about how my teaching will change in the next five years - it will continue to be a focus.

I will also continue to develop my passion for connecting my students to the real world, both locally and globally, something I've tried to always do over the past 15 years I have been teaching.  My goal is to be able to help and support other teachers to see how powerful this learning and teaching can be.  I want them to also be able to share the learning and teaching with their students - to not be threatened by handing over some of the 'control' to their students.

This may be with me still in the classroom or it may be in other positions...I'm still working on this.

#reflectiveteacher


No comments:

Post a Comment