Saturday, September 27, 2014

My 3 Favourite go-to sites for help/tips/resources in my Teaching

Day 26 of the +TeachThought Reflective Teacher Blogging Challenge!

This was a really hard post to write because we had to choose 3 of our 'go to sites - only THREE!!!!  What a challenge in itself.  I've cheated a little with Twitter and Facebook pages but I firmly believe in being creative.  (You're possibly not buying that...)


TeachThought / Edutopia
I have been a fan of TeachThought long before my involvement with curating the Facebook page and my role in developing a community of practice, both voluntary roles.  I love that both TeachThought and Edutopia provide me with resources to challenge my practice and give the bext possible learning experiences for my students - and also for me.

Kathy Schrock
I first stumbled across this amazing educator when I was at University studying to become a teacher.  I think it was around 1997.  She has been one of my consistent 'go to' resources for all things education and I couldn't even begin to count the times I've gone back to her site for resources, etc.  Highly recommend that you take a look.

Twitter / Facebook Pages

This is my 3rd choice- even though there is more than one on here.  I'll stretch it even further and call it my social media resoure... ;-)

The Innovative E - Everything eLearning in Education
This is my own page on Facebook but it's where I keep track with the resources from all the different sites so that I can share them with others.  It's a curation tool for me.  I also use ScoopIt to curate resources on a range of topics including Digital Storytelling and Google Tools.

#reflectiveteacher




No comments:

Post a Comment