Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What's Stopping You? On taking risks, leaping in and not being afraid...

Day 30 of the +TeachThought 30D Reflective Teacher Blog Challenge.

Where has the time gone??  I can't believe it's the end of this challenge - there are more to come though!

I've just finished listening to a powerful hour which focused on Connected Professional Learning which was part of the first day of Connected Educator Month.  (I will post a link to the recording as soon as it is available - very worth listening to).

There was a great deal of discussion around Online Communities of Practice which was music to my ears as it's also my research area and something I've become quite hooked on over the past few years, not only in terms of what it can do for teachers' learning and connections but also how it can be adapted for our students.  The ultimate for me would be to develop my classroom into an online community of practice which was something I was beginning in 2013.



This lead me to suddenly have an 'aha' moment around my research and MTchg which I will finish this year. What is my next learning step??  I expect my students to be able to articulate what their next learning is, so why shouldn't I.

If I'm not afraid, I would begin my Doctoral studies and research all the amazing initiatives that are happening in New Zealand / Aotearoa to showcase our model of learning and teaching which is so powerful.  I expect my students and colleagues to take responsible risks and challenge themselves so what am I afraid of?  What an awesome (in the true meaning of the word) opportunity and privilege it would be to explore the practices of our current online communities and then showcase that to the world.


#reflectiveteacher

No comments:

Post a Comment