Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Few of The People and Things I Am Most Grateful For...

Day 12 of the Attitude of Gratitude Reflective Teacher @TeachThought Blog Challenge...

There are so many people and things for which I am truly grateful for from my wonderful son who has supported me so much to the surgeons who saved my life.  Here are a few of the things that stand out...

1.  The two pieces of documentation below mean so much.  When I went through University I was a single parent and it was a challenge to complete my studies.  Becoming a Fully Registered teacher meant the world to me so, when I had to fight to retain my registration because I'd had surgery for a benign brain tumour I can't explain the fear I felt that I could lose this document that means everything to me.  It defines me.  It is part of the definition of who I am.  Yet again I was fighting to keep doing what I love, but I did it!




2.  The next picture is of the most important person in my life, my son.  He's put up with a lot and supported me through the tough times.  I'm so proud of the young man he's become.

Day before hospital, and my birthday, Sept, 2013

3.  These two are my constant companions - I may get to the 'Mad Cat Lady' stage yet!  Meet Fuggle and Grace.  Fuggle's the one being squashed by her 'sister'.  They are not only great company but provide a lot of humour every day.


4.  Learning - I'm grateful to be able to be constantly learning, to still have all my marbles and more, following 8 hours of brain surgery - I've even got my almost-photographic memory back!  I'm also extremely grateful for being able to finish my Masters this year!  



I know this is a post I will reflect on and add to in the coming days but, for now, these are my main thoughts. I'm already thinking of all the special educators who inspire and challenge me every day to be the best teacher I can be - to make a difference... Might be back to edit this sooner than I thought...

#reflectiveteacher #edchat 

3 comments:

  1. Jus, thank you so much for sharing- you are a strong woman and this post reminds me what a caring and determined lady you are (although I already knew!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a good thing to do, to stop for a few minutes and think what exactly are the things I am most grateful for. What's important in my life? I love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It's taught me a huge lesson about slowing down and not forgetting the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete