These days we are even busier than ever. I would argue that it's even more important now to stop and take time to focus on all the good things about what we do, about our students and also about our colleagues. Not just to appreciate the great in others but as a gratitude boost for ourselves.
Below are some ideas that might be a way to show our 'Attitude of Gratitude' to others and create some bright spots in our days.
1. Leave a note for a colleague to let them know you appreciate them.
2. Leave a note for your students too. I always write notes to the students at the start of the year and start of every term to welcome them / welcome them back, let them know what I appreciate about them and challenge them to set and achieve their goals for the term.
3. Leaving small gifts - a bunch of hand-picked flowers, a chocolate / chocolate bar can brighten someone's day.
4. Surprise someone by doing the supervision / duty for them.
5. Bake a batch of muffins for morning tea or for a meeting.
6. Take snacks to a meeting - fresh fruit, baking, or lollies. ;-)
7. Leave a message on the whiteboard for the teacher and/or their class in appreciation for something they've done.
8. If it's report-writing time, leave brain food for teachers, or take their class out for a game so they can have some breathing space.
Just remembering a simple 'thank you' can mean a lot to people too.